Not content with merely
, Capcom's Street Fighter IV has also become the best selling All Formats Number One of the year to date.
It's sales success also makes it the best selling ‘traditional' beat ‘em up since the UK Charts debuted in 1997. February has traditionally been a strong month for Capcom, with the month delivering number one titles for the publisher for three years on the trot following the success of Lost Planet in 2007 and Devil May Cry 4 in 2008.
Interestingly, the PS3 won the format battle for the title, claiming 53 per cent of the overall sales, leaving Xbox 360 to claim the remaining 47 per cent.
The game did well to topple former chart-topper Wii Fit, which actually bettered its previously week's sales by 20 per cent.