Video streaming service Twitch is making the move into movie streaming.
The service has teamed up with publisher Devolver Digital to offer a series of films and documentaries about video game culture.
Viewers will also have the chance to interact with each film's production crew via chat throughout the broadcast.
The films will subsequently be available to download or rent on a number of services including Amazon, PSN, Xbox Live, GOG.com and Vimeo.
Twitch represents a new frontier for filmmakers looking to connect with an audience who is passionate about video game culture,” Twitch's director of content marketing Ben Goldhaber said.
Devolver Digital is the perfect example of a studio who understands the appeal of Twitch's social video format by both documenting our brand in Stream Dream and scheduling broadcasts of half a dozen gaming films on our platform.”
Here's the schedule:
- January 9th: Stream Dream and Winter Releases Trailer
- January 16th: Pixel Poetry – A games-as-art documentary
- January 23rd: (no broadcast)
- January 30th: Angry Video Game Nerd – The movie adaptation of the popular comic web series
- February 6th: Gaming in Color – LGBTQ gamer documentary
- February 13th: Super Game Jam: The Movie – Game development becomes entertainment
- February 20th: TBA