It's week one numbers may have been down, but a strong second week has seen Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops II hold onto the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats No.1.
Sales of the shooter fell by 81 per cent week-on-week, which is notably better than the 87 per cent drop experienced by Modern Warfare 3 in its second week last year.
In fact, Black Ops II sold 15 per cent more last week than Modern Warfare 3 did in week two.
Square Enix's Hitman: Absolution debuts in second place with sales three times better than the former best performer in the series, Hitman: Blood Money.
In sixth spot we have another new entry in the form of Warner Bros' LEGO: Lord of the Rings while Amazon's Black Friday deals on THQ's uDraw Studio selection sees that re-enter the listings in 13th.
Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two and Activision's Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse debut in 34th and 35th respectively while Sony's PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale enters the charts in 38th.
Elsewhere, Sony's Book of Spells improves on its week one performance to enter the Top 20 for the first time.
Here's the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending November 24th:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
2. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
5. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
6. LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
7. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
8. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
9. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
10. Dishonored (Bethesda)
11. WWE '13 (THQ)
12. Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Mind Candy)
13. uDraw Studio: Instant Artist (THQ)
14. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
15. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
16. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
17. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
18. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
19. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
20. Book of Spells (Sony)