EA's FIFA 12 has shot to the top of the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week in an impressive way.
The game enjoyed the third strongest launch week ever for a multi-platform release in the UK. It also outstripped FIFA 11's week one performance by 18 per cent in unit terms and – thanks in part to the higher RRP – a 34 per cent climb in revenue.
This takes it past the numbers laid down by Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV and leaves it third best only to Call of Duty pair Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2.
Xbox 360 claimed 54 per cent of sales and the PS3 44 per cent.
Last week's chart-topper Gears of War 3 falls to second place with a 76 per cent drop in sales and there's a new entry in the Top Ten too – Sony's PS3 exclusive Ico & Shadow of the Colossus in seventh.
Activision's X-Men: Destiny debuts in 18th and Disney Interactive's Phinneas & Ferb: Across the 3nd Dimension enters the listings in 33rd. Ubisoft's Child of Eden re-enters the listings in 29th following a 765 per cent sales increase eon the back of the new PS3 version hitting the market.
Here's the UK Top 20:
1. FIFA 12 (EA)
2. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft)
3. F1 2011 (Codemasters)
4. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
5. Dead Island (Deep Silver)
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
7. Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (Sony)
8. Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
9. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activiion)
11. Warhammer 40,00: Space Marine (THQ)
12. Rugby World Cup 2011 (505 Games)
13. Resistance 3 (Sony)
14. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
15. Cars 2 (Disney)
16. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
17. The Sims 3 (EA)
18. X-Men: Destiny (Activision)
19. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
20. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)