EA's FIFA 13 has clung on to the UK top spot, despite a 72 per cent week-on-week drop in sales.
The latest figures from UKIE and GfK Chart-Track show that Capcom's Resident Evil 6 managed second place in its first week, although it becomes the fourth biggest release of the year behind FIFA 13, Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3.
Resident Evil 5 debuted at No.1 in March 2009.
Ubisoft's Just Dance 4 enters the listings in fourth with 2K Sports' NBA 2K13 claiming sixth.
Here's the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending October 6th:
1. FIFA 13 (EA)
2. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
3. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
4. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
5. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
6. NBA 2K13 (2K Sports)
7. Rocksmith (Ubisoft)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. PES 2013 (Konami)
10. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
11. Forza 4 (Microsoft)
12. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
13. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
14. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
15. LittleBigPlanet Vita (Sony)
16. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
17. Angry Birds Trilogy (Activision)
18. Darksiders II (THQ)
19. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
20. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (Blizzard)