Whilst the release of the ‘full' game is seemingly still some way off, Sony's taste of things to come Gran Turismo 5 Prologue has shot straight to top spot in the ChartTrack All Formats Top 40.
It follows the pattern set by previous GT ‘taster' GT4 Prologue, which shot to the top upon its June release in 2004. For the record, it was then ten months until the full game arrived at retail.
GT5 Prologue's performance does not take into account any downloads that may have been made from Sony's PlayStation Store, though these would have been lessened a little following a slight technical delay.
The game becomes the fastest selling game over a one-week period, beating Insomniac's Resistance: Fall of Man.
Elsewhere in the Top Ten, the Wii release of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 sees Konami's football title soar from 11th to fourth, whilst Sega's Viking: Battle for Asgard debuts in eighth spot.
Sega also enjoys success with Wii shooter House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, which enters the listings in 21st, whilst the Xbox 360 release of Sports Interactive's Football manager 2008 sees that title re-enter the Top 40 in 23rd.
Sony's PSP battler God of War: Chains of Olympus debuts in 29th.
The ChartTrack All Formats Top Ten in full:
1. Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (Sony)
2. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)
3. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Activision)
6. Sega Superstars Tennis (Sega)
7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
8. Viking: Battle for Asgard (Sega)
9. FIFA 08 (EA)
10. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)