The world's decent into Bat-fever has no doubt played a part this week in helping Warner Bros' LEGO Batman 2 to its fifth consecutive UK No.1 this week.
That's the best consecutive performance posted by any title so far in 2012.
However, whilst the Dark Knight saw a ten per cent week-on-week sales dip, Olympic-mania helped Sega's London 2012 title grow sales by five per cent and hold on to second place.
There's even a new entry this week in the shape of Nintendo's Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, which enters the listings at No.6.
Here's the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 20 in full:
1. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
2. London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
3. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
4. The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
6. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Nintendo)
7. Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros)
8. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
9. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
11. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
12. FIFA 12 (EA)
13. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Activision)
14. Sniper Elite v2 (505 Games)
15. Spec Ops: The Line (2K Games)
16. FIFA Street (EA)
17. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
18. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
19. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA)
20. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)