Mafia II has topped the ELSPA GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 for the second consecutive week, despite a 23 per cent drop in sales.
The Xbox 360, PS3 and PC third person shooter is ahead of Square Enix's Kane & Lynch 2 again, which saw a 19 per cent week-on-week drop in sales.
Meanwhile Nintendo's Wii Sports Resort rose to third place following increased sales of Wii consoles during last week's bank holiday sales. The bundled title saw a 19 per cent leap in units sold.
Elsewhere City Interactive's Sniper: Ghost Warrior crept up another position to No.8 while Toy Story 3 and Red Dead Redemption fell to fourth and fifth place respectively.
New entries this week include Ubisoft's HAWX 2 at No.10, Nintendo's Metroid: Other M in twelfth place and Tetris Party Deluxe in 23rd position.
Here's the ELSPA GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 10 in full (for the week ending September 4th):
1. Mafia II (2K Games)
2. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Square Enix)
3. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
4. Toy Story 3 (Disney)
5. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
6. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
8. Sniper: Ghost Warrior (City Interactive)
9. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
10. Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 (Ubisoft)