With only a week to go until the official UK Christmas number one video game champion is crowned, Sega's Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games maintains its place at the top of the ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 – but its rivals aren't giving up the fight.
Only 2,500 sales separated the top three this week, with Activision's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and EA's FIFA 08 both climbing one position to claim second and third place respectively. The current Christmas favourite, EA's racer Need for Speed: Prostreet, seems to be slipping out of contention, dropping two places to fourth.
The rest of the top ten is made up by EA's The Simpsons Game in fifth, Nintendo's Dr Kawashima's Brain Training at number six, THQ's WWE Smackdown vs Raw in seventh spot, Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed in eighth, Nintendo's More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima in ninth position and Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 at ten.
The ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 in full:
1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
3. FIFA 08 (EA)
4. Need for Speed: Prostreet (EA)
5. The Simpsons Game (EA)
6. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
7. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (THQ)
8. Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft)
9. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
10. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)