EA's SSX series has made a triumphant return after five years in the wilderness to claim No.1 in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
It's the sixth game in the series date yet the first to debut at the top spot. It enjoyed around twice the sales of the series' previous best performer, SSX 3, which came out toward the end of 2003.
There's also a surprisingly strong showing from Nintendo's Wii title Mario Party 9, which enters the listings at No.3 – two places up on its predecessor Mario Party 8.
Here's the UK All Formats Top 20 in full for the week ending March 3rd:
1. SSX (EA)
2. FIFA 12 (EA)
3. Mario Party 9 (Nintendo)
4. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Sony)
5. Mario & Sonic and the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
6. UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
8. FIFA Football (EA)
9. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
10. Battlefield 3 (EA)
11. Syndicate (EA)
12. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
13. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
14. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
15. Final Fantasy XII-2 (Square Enix)
16. Rayman Origins (Ubisoft)
17. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
18. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
19. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Sony)
20. Rage (Bethesda)