With the nation high on the triumph that was Danny Boyle's opening ceremony, Sega is celebrating chart triumph with London 2012: The Official Video Game climbing to No.1.
It's the first time it has claimed top spot in the five weeks it has been on sale. Weekly sales were up 25 per cent.
Long-term chart topper LEGO Batman 2 has to settle for second spot this week, with a 21 per cent surge in sales pushing Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games up five places to third – it's highest ever chart position in its 38 weeks on the market.
However, despite Saturday's launch of the 3DS XL only one of the handheld's headline launch titles makes the listings, with Pokemon Conquest debuting in 17th.
New Art Academy managed a ninth place finish in the 3DS Top 20, though Freakyforms failed to chart. Other 3DS titles, such as Mario kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, enjoyed a sales boost on the back of the hardware, however.
Here's the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending July 28th:
1. London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
2. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
3. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
4. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
5. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
7. The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. FIFA 12 (EA)
10. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Nintendo)
11. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
12. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
13. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
14. Skylander: Spyro's Adventure (Activision)
15. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
16. Battlefield 3 (EA)
17. Pokemon Conquest (Nintendo)
18. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
19. WWE 12 (THQ)
20. Super Mario land 3D