Capcom's Resident Evil 5 has delivered as expected and entered the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats top 40 at number one in its debut week.
The game becomes the fastest selling title in the Resident Evil franchise and becomes Capcom's biggest ever week one release in the UK.
In total, Resident Evil 5 accounted for 27.1 per cent of all console game revenues this week, and sold more copies at retail than the rest of the remaining Top 10 entrants in total. Xbox 360 managed to grab 55 per cent of RE5's total sales, with the remaining 45 per cent going to Sony's PS3.
Elsewhere in the Top 10, Nintendo's Wii Fit and Ubisoft's HAWX both climb one place whilst a 53 per cent drop in sales for Sony's Killzone 2 see it slip to fifth position. There's a steeper drop for Halo Wars, whose 61 per cent fall in sales see it slip to ninth spot. Sony's SOCOM: Confrontation enters the listings at number 11.
The ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 in full (for the week ending March 7th):
1. Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
2. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
3. Tom Clancy's HAWX (Ubisoft)
4. Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
5. Killzone 2 (Sony)
6. FIFA 09 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
8. Empire: Total War (Sega)
9. Halo Wars (Microsoft)
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)