Despite England's nail-biting series victory to regain the Ashes from rivals Australia over the weekend, Codemasters' cricket title couldn't quite replicate the accomplishment of Andrew Strauss' men, with Nintendo's Wii Sports Resort reclaiming the top spot in the ESLPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40.
Ashes 2009 actually has to settle for third spot in the end, with Activision Blizzard's Nazi-themed WWII shooter Wolfenstein debuting in second place.
There are a couple of Top Ten re-entries, too. EA's Fight Night Round 4 climbs from 12th to ninth and Activision Blizzard's Prototype claims tenth – an improvement of one place compared to last week.
A handful of older titles also make a reappearance in the Top 40. Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed claims 24th, joining Activision's Guitar Hero: On Tour (28th), EA's Dead Space (35th), Sega's Superstar Tennis (39th) and THQ's Saints Row 2 (40th).
Here's the complete ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 (for the week ending August 22nd):
1. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
2. Wolfenstein (Activision Blizzard)
3. Ashes Cricket 2009 (Codemasters)
4. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
5. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
6. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (Ubisoft)
7. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
8. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (EA)
9. Fight Night Round 4 (EA)
10. Prototype (Activision Blizzard)