EA's marketing drive has been a success with news that DICE developed shooter Battlefield 3 is the new UK No.1.
It sold enough copies to become the 10th biggest week one seller in UK history. In revenue terms it's the ninth biggest.
Compared to EA's 2010 shooting release Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3 beat that game's week one unit sales by a ratio of 2:1. But even more staggering, the new Battlefield outsold the combined week one figures of every previous release in the series combined.
Further down the charts, Activision's innovative Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure continues to pick up momentum and this week infiltrates the Top Ten for the first time thanks to a 31 per cent increase in sales.
Other new entries include Kinect Sports: Seasons Two (18th), Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (23rd) and Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (35th).
Here's the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track Top 20 for the week ending October 29th:
1. Battlefield 3 (EA)
2. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
3. FIFA 12 (EA)
4. Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
5. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
6. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
7. The Sims 3: Pets (EA)
8. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
9. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Activision)
10. Rage (Bethesda)
11. PES 2012 (Konami)
12. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
13. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
14. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft)
15. F1 2011 (Codemasters)
16. Dead Island (Koch Media)
17. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
18. Kinect Sports: Season Two (Microsoft)
19. Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
20. Wii Music (Nintendo)