Last Thursday, MCV celebrated its fifteenth annual Awards, with 24 accolades recognising the very best in the industry. You can now read all the reactions from the winners and see pictures from the night in this week's issue.
Elsewhere, we partnered with UK trade body Ukie to bring the definitive overview of games spending in the UK last year, with analysis from SuperData and Kantar.
We also talk to EA's UK senior product manager Alice Brandvik about Mass Effect: Andromeda and how the publisher wants to attract gamers from outside its traditional player pool with this new entry in the beloved space franchise.
Meanwhile, The Yogscast's CEO Mark Turpin and chief revenue officer Rich Keith discuss the firm's future, Twitch vs YouTube and how it walks the line between corporate and creator-led video channels.
The full contents of this week's issue are below:
- NEWS: Exclusive – PlayStation Access to depart Yogscast
- NEWS: Digital spending soars while physical shrinks over 50% in ten years
- BIG RELEASES: Mass Effect: Andromeda and Flatout 4 headline this week's big games
- WEEKLY CHARTS: Ghost Recon Wildlands debuts at No.1 in the UK charts
- MOBILE ANALYSIS: Meet the top publishers of 2016
- MCV AWARDS 2017: All the winners from the night and their reactions
- MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA: We talk to UK senior product manager Alice Brandvik about EA's strategy for its biggest launch of the year so far
- THE YOGSCAST: We sit down with CEO Mark Turpin and chief revenue office Rich Keith to discuss The Yogscast's future
- GAMES IN NUMBERS: SuperData's Joost van Dreunen and Kantar's Oss Robertson analyse the UK industry's numbers for 2016
- PLUS! Three senior promotions at Sega Europe, Mass Effect: Andromeda merchandise range and more