Sales tracker NPD has released its 2009 software sales chart for North America and, unsurprisingly, it's Activision Blizzard's world-conquering Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 that tops the pile.
With sales of 4.2m, the Xbox 360 version currently stands as the best selling game in North America for the year-to-date ending November.
Add to that sales of the PS3 version, which sits at number eight in the listings thanks to sales of 1.9m, and total sales for console versions of the game now stand at 6.1m in the territory.
Elsewhere in the chart, which was published by IndustryGamers, Nintendo does well with six titles – Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Play, Pokemon Platinum and recent release New Super Mario Bros Wii.
The Top Ten in full is as follows:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – Xbox 360 (Activision) 4.2m
2. Wii Fit – Wii (Nintendo) 3.5m
3. Wii Sports Resort – Wii (Nintendo) 2.4m
4. Mario Kart Wii – Wii (Nintendo) 2.2m
5. Wii Play – Wii (Nintendo) 2.1m
6. Halo 3: ODST – Xbox 360 (Microsoft) 2m
7. Pokemon Platinum – DS (Nintendo) 1.9m
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – PS3 (Activision) 1.9m
9. Madden NFL 10 – Xbox 360 (EA) 1.5m
10. New Super Mario Bros Wii – Wii (Nintendo) 1.4m