Now that Polish developer CD Projekt RED has finished The Witcher 3, we speak to the studio to find out it's ready to say goodbye to its defining creation.
Visual effects artist Jose Teixeira shares the story behind the blockbuster action RPG.
We also speak to Nintendo's Chandra Nair about the platform holder's Q4 line-up now that its biggest titles – The Legend of Zelda and Star Fox – have been pushed back to 2016.
And 343 Industries tells MCV about Halo 5, making the leap the Xbox One and taking on Destiny and Battlefront.
Meanwhile, Sumo Digital boss Carl Cavers shares his vision for the Sheffield-based developer going forward, and what its renewed independence has allowed it to do.
Below are the full contents of this week's issue, which can be read online here.
- COVER: A question of eSports: can the BBC finally take the pro-gaming sector to the mainstream?
- NEWS: Videogamer, Eurogamer and Simon Parkin win big at GMAs
- NEWS: NewBay names new European management team
- NEWS: Xbox details massive ad campaign
- FEATURE: 'We're ready to move on from The Witcher' – CD Projekt RED on saying goodbye to its defining creation
- FEATURE: Wii U's winter wonderland – marketing manager Chandra Nair on Nintendo's Q4 line-up now that The Legend of Zelda and Star Fox have been delayed, and whether these system sellers matter
- THE BIG GAME: Halo 5 developer 343 Industries on stepping up to the Xbox One, competing on Destiny and Battlefront and the lessons learnt from The Master Chief Collection
- INTERVIEW: Sumo wrestles free – Carl Cavers, the CEO of the Sheffield-based developer, on its renewed independence, its plans for expansion and its vision for the future of the studio
- OPINION: Generation Media on mobile vs console in the Christmas ad market
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Unsatisfied by sci-fi titles, Australian developer Paul Turbett set out to create his own sci-fi universe, Star Hammer
- FEATURE: Bandai Namco's Karla Pett on what the firm has planned for the 20th birthday of the Tales Of series
- APPOINTMENTS: New look for Official PlayStation Magazine
- SHELF LIFE: Game On's Matt Brady on why his toy sales are tracking ahead of his game sales, what title surprised him this year and why Battlefront is going to be the biggest game of the year
- MARGIN MAKERS: As Syndicate launches, we round up the best Assassin's Creed products on the market