Having ridden into town, hitched its horse, strolled into the local saloon and shot all other chart contenders in the face to claim no.1 in the ELSPA GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 today, Red Dead Redemption has also given Microsoft plenty to cheer about.
Xbox 360 accounted for over two thirds of the game's total sales – 65 per cent. Sony's PS3 was left with the remaining 35 per cent.
It's a big win for Microsoft's machine, which so far this year has found itself losing out on plenty of multiformat sales to rival PS3.
Indeed, elsewhere in this week's UK Charts the likes of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands all see sales fall in favour of Sony's console.
Let's not also forget the stock problems that plagued the PS3 version of the game in the UK, either. If stock issued are resolved in the week next week could end up being a very different story.