Level 5's insanely popular Yokai Watch series continues to rule the Japanese charts, according to market data provided by Famitsu.
A new version of Yokai Watch 2, Shinuchi, topped the charts selling 265,226 units. This is the game's third week in the charts, and is a considerable reduction on the 1.2m units it sold in its first week on sale.
Meanwhile, Yokai Watch 2: Ganso and Honke, sold a combined 34,336 units, and took eighth place this week.
Pokmon remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire took second place, selling 144,435 copies between them. This is ahead of both SKUs of Super Smash Bros. The 3DS version of Nintendo's brawler charted ahead of the Wii U edition, selling 10,917 more units.
In the hardware charts, the Nintendo's New 3DS LL was the best seller, shifting 118,736 units. This is double the number of New 3DS units sold, which shifted 55,338 units and took second place. It's unsurprising that it's this hardware that continues to sell well, given that six of the Top Ten are for the platform.
Below are the software charts from December 22nd to December 28th:
1. Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi (Level 5) 3DS - 265,226
2. Pocket Monster Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Pokmon Company) 3DS – 144,435
3. Super Smash Bros (Nintendo) 3DS – 97,669
4. Super Smash Bros (Nintendo) Wii U – 86,752
5. Final Fantasy Explorers (Square Enix) 3DS – 48,360
6. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom) 3DS – 46,471
7. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U – 43,564
8. Yokai Watch 2: Ganso/Honke (Level 5) 3DS – 34,336
9. Maho-ka Koko no Rettosei: Out of Order (Bandai Namco) Vita – 27,639 (NEW)
10. Gundam Breaker 2 (Bandai Namco) Vita – 23,655
And the hardware charts for the same period:
1. New Nintendo 3DS LL – 118,736
2. New Nintendo 3DS – 55,338
3. Wii U –48,927
4. PS Vita –39,290
5. PS4 –30,145
6. Nintendo 3DS LL –23,315
7. Nintendo 3DS–20,962
8. PS3 –10,142
9. PS VitaTV –1,235
10. Xbox One –815
11. PSP – 94