The games industry may be changing, but some things remain very much the same.
YouTube has published its list of the most popular games on the network in 2015, with the rankings based on total views and watch time.
Call of Duty: Black Duty III topped the chart, followed by FIFA 16 and horror title Five Nights at Freddy’s 3. Early Access hit Ark: Survival Evolved and multiplayer game Agar.io complete the Top 5.
Here’s YouTube’s 2015 Top Ten in full:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- FIFA 16
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 3
- Ark: Survival Evolved
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 4
- Fallout 4
- Mortal Kombat X
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Until Dawn
YouTube’s second gaming chart lists the ‘top trending’ titles, a measure based on a number of factors including views, shares, likes and comments. All sorts of content is eligible, including trailers and Let’s plays.
Clash of Clans’ superbowl ad topped this list.
YouTube’s 2015 Top Trending Gaming Videos:
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial)
- Real GTA
- Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 Teaser Trailer
- WARNING: YOU WILL DIE – Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 – Part 1
- Discover Pokmon in the Real World with Pokmon GO!
- Fallout 4 – Official Trailer
- Elders Play Grand Theft Auto V (Elders React: Gaming)
- Halo VS Call of Duty
- Final Fantasy VII – E3 2015 Trailer (PS4)