Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin was the best-selling game of last week in Japan, but its success couldn’t keep PS4 hardware sales buoyant.
According to the latest data from Famitsu, From Software’s remastered and remixed PS4 edition of the 2014 title debuted at number one with just over 16,000 unit sales.
It’s just over a tenth of spiritual successor (and Sony-published PS4 exclusive) Bloodborne’s week one sales, which totaled 150,245 in late March.
That game slipped to seventh place last week, sales more than halving from 23,557 to 9,654.
PS4 hardware sales similarly dipped, dropping from almost 27,000 during the previous week to just below 17,000.
Scholar of the First Sin was the only new release to make the Top Ten last week.
Meanwhile, Nintendo’s Mario Party 10 reentered the rankings at number eight, while the PlayStation Vita Edition of Minecraft jumped five places to third.
The hardware chart remained largely static, with the New Nintendo 3DS XL overtaking Sony’s rival Vita handheld to reclaim second place after the latter handheld’s strong performance over the last few weeks.
Further down, the Xbox One outpaced Sony’s Vita TV device by around 200 units, climbing to ninth.
Here’s the software Top Ten for the week ending April 12th:
- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (From Software) PS4 – 16,047 (New)
- Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Tengoku-hen (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 14,743
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 13,364
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 13,251
- Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Tengoku-hen (Bandai Namco) Vita – 12,964
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Nintendo) 3DS – 11,641
- Bloodborne (Sony) PS4 – 9,654
- Mario Party 10 (Nintendo) Wii U – 9,404
- Ansatsu Kyoshitsu: Korosensei Daihoimo!! (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 8,997
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco) Vita – 8,397
And here are the hardware rankings:
- PS4 – 16,831
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 15,748
- PS Vita – 15,638
- Wii U – 5,208
- New Nintendo 3DS – 4,835
- PS3 – 4,466
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 1,925
- Nintendo 3DS – 1,029
- Xbox One – 625
- PS Vita TV – 418