The NASSCOM Gaming Forum Award winners have been announced with Asura from Orge Head Studios taking home the top prize. The awards celebrate the best games from Indian developers over the last year and also looks at the future by celebrating student development and upcoming projects.
Ogre Head Studios won the Game of the Year for its 3D isometric hack and slash game Asura, receiving large applause in the conference centre from the delegates. It’s the second award for the game this year after winning an award at Japanese game conference BitSummit in June.
Taking home the student prize was Loopables, which also won a 12 month Unity subscription and the winner of the Upcoming Game Award was the first person Gone Home inspired Mukti by underDOGS and Wandermind Labs. Neo Angle won Indie Game of Year also took home $3000 and a paid trip to any Casual Connect event of their choosing along with a place on its indie showcase.
A separate game jam competition called Build Your Own Game was won by Atlas of Survivors who won a Nintendo Switch with a copy of Sumo Digital’s Snake Pass, a game also created from a game jam project.
“The NASSCOM Gaming Forum Awards, showcases the incredible talent, coming out of India. Every year we are bowled away by how developers are growing in confidence and statue”, said Chairman of the NASSCOM Gaming Forum, Rajesh Roa. “This years winners – Asura, Neo Angle, Loopables and Mukti showcase how games creators, are building new interactive entertainment experiences, that appeal both to local and global audiences.”
The winners in full are:
Student Game of the Year –
- Winner: Loopables (Karawa Apps)
- Runner-up: Evolve (Rudra Nil Basu)
- Finalists: Followed (Rudra Nil Basu), Just Follow (Valiant John), Escape Runner (Sandeep Salimeda)
Indie Game of the Year –
- Winner: Neo Angle (Dropout Games)
- Runner-up: Cubots the Origin (Street Lamp Games)
- Finalists: Tangled Up (2Pi Interactive), Waterfront Defenders (Satyajit Chakraborty), Twisty Board (LHD Games)
Game of the Year
- Winner: Asura (Ogre Head Studio)
- Runner-up: Switch or Die Trying (Threye Interactive)
- Finalists: Clash of Robots (Timuz Solutions), Masala Express (Cympl Studio), Cookie Craze (Big Code Games)
Upcoming Game of the Year –
- Winner: Mukti (underDOGS Gaming Studio and WanderMind Labs
- Runner-up: Raji: An Ancient Epic (Nodding Heads Games)
- Honourable Mentions: Bonfire: Foresaken Lands (Xigma Games), Possessions (Lucid Labs), Bollywood Fighter (Photon Tadpole)