The latest issue of Develop magazine is out now, and takes a look at how studios of all sizes are handling sensitive subjects such as mental illness, blindness and the ongoing migrant crisis in their games.
We also have a special feature on analytics and the key metrics you should be tracking, plus an overview of the ever-changing models of monetising your game.
Plus, there’s a profile on the 30-year history of Rare, an interview with Star Citizen dev Chris Roberts, developer reactions to the new Apple TV and more.
The print edition of our October issue is on its way to subscribers now. You can also read Develop through your browser, mobile or tablet device here. Not a subscriber to our print magazine? You can subscribe for as little as £35 right here.
The latest issue includes:
- Get Serious: An in-depth look at how developers can handle sensitive issues within their games
- Making games by the numbers: We speak to leading analytics providers about the crucial data devs should be tracking and, more importantly, how they can act on it
- Is Star Citizen a crowdfunding black hole? We interview Chris Roberts about the increasingly controversial sci-fi title and its future
- Rare lives: A profile on the iconic UK studio, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year
- Do we need Apple TV? Developers discuss the potential and the limitations of Apple’s newest device.
- Play money: We look at the changing models used to monetise games, including a case study on the hit mobile title Fallout Shelter
- New engine in town: Autodesk reveals all about its new 3D game engine, Stingray
- SuperData’s Joost van Dreunen looks at the realities that all VR devs will soon have to face
- Playmob discuss the long term potential for games to aid charities
- Bigpoint discusses how it is cracking the mobile market
- Microsoft and Creative England announce the third Greenshoots incubation programme
- Studio Spotlight: FuturLab
- Unity is hiring 500 staff in 2015
- Heard About: The music and sound of Until Dawn
- Develop’s Top Tips: Enhance your game design document
- Tools Spotlight: Animating with Spriter
- Key Release: ChilliSource’s ChilliConnect
- Unreal Diaries:Theorigins of Rocket League
- Unity Focus: How Dreii is bridging the gap between consoles
- Services Spotlight: Atomhawk
- Game Dev Family Tree: Dundee
You can read the latest issue on browser, mobile or tablet here. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the print edition of Develop here.