The success of No Man’s Sky has propelled Hello Games to the top of our monthly Develop Studio Sales Chart.
The company was the most successful developer in August 2016, knocking previous champ Traveller’s Tales down to No.4. It also fended off competition from fellow UK dev Codemasters Birmingham, which sits at No.2 thanks to F1 2016, and Eidos Montreal, with the new Deus Ex putting the Canadian studio at No.3.
With little to no other new releases, the rest of the Top 20 features familiar names, with the ongoing success of Overwatch and Uncharted 4 keeping Blizzard and Naughty Dog in the Top 10. Pokémon fever, driven by a certain location-based mobile game, also means Game Freak ranks highly at No.9.
As always, the studios are measured by UK revenue at retail, with data provided by GfK Chart-Track. Digital sales are not included in the calculations, nor are retail transactions made outside the UK.
The full Top Ten for August 2016 was as follows:
- Hello Games (No Man’s Sky)
- Codemasters Birmingham (F1 2016)
- Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)
- Traveller’s Tales (Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- Blizzard Entertainment (Overwatch)
- Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End)
- Rockstar North (Grand Theft Auto V)
- EA Canada (FIFA 16)
- Game Freak (Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)
- Nintendo (New Super Marios Bros 2)
Take a more detailed look at the Top 20 by clicking the image below: