Indies are currently working on more than 1,000 titles for Xbox One and Windows 10.
The figure was revealed by ID@Xbox director Chris Charla during Microsoft’s E3 2016 press conference. It’s a strong line-up given that the generation started out with PlayStation taking the lead in courting indies, and a massive leap from the 150 games announced at E3 last year.
“Independent developers have fundamentally changed the way we play games this generation,” he told attendees, followed by a showreel of some of the titles heading to Microsoft’s gaming platforms.
The games are coming to a mix of Xbox One and Windows 10, and include:
- Cuphead, StudioMDHR
- Outlast, Red Barrels
- Deliver Us The Moon, KeokeN Interactive
- Flint Hook, Tribute
- FAR, Mixtvision Digital & Mr Whale’s Game Service
- Slime Rancher, Monomi Park
- Shadow Tactics, Daedalic Entertainment & Mimimi Productions
- Figment, Bedtime Digital Games
- The Culling, Xaviant
- For The King, IronOak Games
- Beacon, Monothetic
- Stardew Valley, Chucklefish
- Hand of Fate2, Defiant Development
- Below, Capybara Games
- Raiders, MercurySteam
- Bloodstained, Inti Creates & ArtPlay
- Yooka-Laylee, Team17 & Playtonic
- Everspace, Rockfish Games