Grand Theft Auto V has been knocked off the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 in only its second week.
The reason? EA’s FIFA 14, which debuts in first place… although the fact that GTA V stock is pretty hard to come by in the UK right now may also have played a part, with sales down 83 per cent week-on-week.
Notably FIFA 14’s week one sales fall about 24 per cent short of its predecessor FIFA 13, something that Chart-Track says is possibly due to all the money spent last week and also perhaps due to the nature of a transitional year, where consumers may be delaying this purchase until PS4/Xbox One versions are available”.
FIFA 14 did achieve another rarity, though. It’s only the third ever title to be released simultaneously on eight formats, the other two being FIFA 13 and EA’s Need for Speed: Carbon.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending September 28th:
1. FIFA 14 (EA)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
4. PES 2014 (Konami)
5. The Last of Us (Sony)
6. Disney Infinity (Disney)
7. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
8. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
9. Diablo III (Blizzard)
10. Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
11. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
12. Kingdom hearts HD 1.5 Remix (Square Enix)
13. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WarnerBros)
14. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
15. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
16. Need for Speed Most Wanted (EA)
17. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
18. Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
19. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
20. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)