There’s no single right answer to the question of how to write games that work across multiple platforms, so it’s a question of stocking your toolbox so you’ve got the right tool available when you need it. Here are some pointers to useful tools and libraries to help with your cross-platform development, some of which might be new to you.
- The Marmalade SDK is a cross-platform software development kit. Find out how to use the Marmalade SDK with the ShiVa3D game engine in this tutorial.
- Murl is a free engine for cross-platform support, available for Android, iOS, Windows, OS X and Linux platforms. Get started with Murl using this primer.
- The Unity game engine is supported across a wide range of hardware. Visit Intel’s Unity Resource Center for tips on using Unity with Intel Architecture.
- HTML5 is the big daddy of cross-platform development. Download the free Intel XDK to accelerate your HTML5 app development.
- The Intel Integrated Native Developer Experience (Intel INDE) combines cross platform with native performance, so you can develop native applications faster. The Professional Edition is currently free to download.
• This blog post is written by Softtalkblog, and is sponsored by the Intel Developer Zone, which helps you to develop, market and sell software and apps for prominent platforms and emerging technologies powered by Intel Architecture.