Last night’s BAFTA Games Awards was dominated by both Sony’s developer partners and British developers.
US studio Naughty Dog was the biggest winner with five prizes going to The Last Of Us, including Story, Audio Achievement, Action and Adventure and Best Game. Ashley Johnson, the voice of Ellie, won Performer.
Meanwhile a raucous crowd from UK dev Media Molecule picked up three titles for its innovative Vita platformer Tearaway: Artistic Achievement, Mobile & Handheld and Family.
Naturally, Rockstar Games and its Scottish studio Rockstar North performed well, with Grand Theft Auto winning Game Design, Multiplayer and British Game. Founders Dan and Sam Houser were in attendance to pick up their BAFTA Fellowship award.
Here’s the list of winners in full:
- Best Game – The Last of Us
- Action and Adventure – The Last of Us
- Story – The Last of Us
- Audio Achievement – The Last of Us
- Performer – Ashley Johnson – The Last of Us
- Game Design – Grand Theft Auto V
- Multiplayer – Grand Theft Auto V
- British Game – Grand Theft Auto V
- Mobile & Handheld – Tearaway
- Family – Tearaway
- Artistic Achievement – Tearaway
- Original Music – BioShock Infinite
- Strategy and Simulation – Papers Please
- Sports – FIFA 14
- Game Innovation – Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Debut Game – Gone Home
- Ones to Watch: – Size DOES Matter