Every day in January we’re helping job-hunters with advice and tips from the industry’s finest HR and recruitment execs on a range of topics.
Today we bring you guidance on getting promoted as an artist with essential tips from Lionhead’s head of art Paul McLaughlin.
Lionhead’s tips for getting promoted as an artist
• Turn up for work and be nice to people.
• Make your boss’s life easier, not harder.
• Take a deep interest in whatever you’re working on. Do your damnedest to understand the art/game direction.
• Find out what you’re good at that is useful to the team and try to excel in that area.
• Keep your skills honed. No matter how senior you are, you still need to show ‘potential’.
• Work with the production team. Don’t promise what you can’t deliver, and if you’re struggling then flag it early.
• Don’t let your ego get in the way of doing what’s required.
Our daily ‘New Year, New Jobs’ series of articles are extracted from the forthcoming February issue of Develop magazine, which boasts an essential compendium of advice, tips and tricks on getting a new job and improving your employment prospects. The same issue will bring you all the results from our sweeping games industry Salary Survey. Check back with Develop Online every day this month for more.
To find out more about advertising opportunities in February’s Develop contact Alex.Boucher@intentmedia.co.uk or call him on +44 (0) 1992 535 646.