It may have been a long time coming, but Rockstar’s LA Noire has certainly delivered the goods in this week’s UKIE Chart-Track GFK UK All Formats Top 40.
The game has shot straight to No.1, becoming the fastest ever selling new games IP in the process. Sales were roughly in line with those seen by Rockstar’s last release – Red Dead Redemption.
It also becomes the 13th fastest selling game on Xbox 360 and the 11th on PS3.
Xbox 360 claimed 58 per cent of the week one sales. By comparison, Red Dead saw 65 per cent of sales go to Microsoft’s machine.
Disney’s LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean remains in second place for the second week in a row, while last week’s No.1 – Bethesda’s Brink, drops to third place.
Namco Bandai’s PC only RPG The Witcher 2 puts in a remarkable performance to claim No.5, particularly considering that digital sales were bound to have been plentiful.
Here’s the UK All Formats Top 20 in full:
1. LA Noire (Rockstar)
2. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
3. Brink (Bethesda)
4. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
5. The Witcher 2 (Namco Bandai)
6. Crysis 2 (EA)
7. Portal 2 (EA)
8. FIFA 11 (EA)
9. Mortal Kombat (Warner)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
11. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
12. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
13. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
14. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
15. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
16. Operation Flashpoint: Red River (Codemasters)
17. MX vs ATV Alive (THQ)
18. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
19. Homefront (THQ)
20. Pokemon Black (Nintendo)