What's your game?
Sundown is a top-down, local multiplayer stealth shooter. Players are completely unseen in the dark on a shared screen. Unless exposed by a light source, such as lightning, room lights and your own muzzle flash. Fight against your friends in this easy to pick up yet difficult to master game!
What has the Dare experience been like?
For most of us, this is the longest commitment we’ve spent on a single project. Though there have been ups and downs, with many conflicts along the way, we’ve pulled through and made a game we’re all very proud of.
What have you learned from Dare?
We’ve learned a lot regarding working in a team. We’ve coordinated tasks and held meetings often, and also found our roles overlapping as we worked outside our predetermined titles as programmers, artists, and designers. Communication was key as we attempted to make a unified vision of what we thought our game should play like.
Are you looking forward to ProtoPlay?
This is our first games festival, and we’re all really excited to have people play our game, as well as meet other game developers from around the world. Also, Scotland is cool.
What are your ambitions after Dare?
Many of us will continue to study at the University of Southern California and eventually graduate, but we will continue to work on Sundown. We want to add more content to our game, such as game types, levels, and weapons. We have a solid game right now and we’re looking forward to building towards commercial release. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us!
Dare ProtoPlay and Indie Fest is on 13th-16th August in Dundee’s Caird Hall and City Square, with all 16 Dare student games on show, indie games, talks, workshops and more. http://www.dareprotoplay.com
- Steven Li, Programmer and Designer – University of Southern California
- Aaron Hong, Programmer and Designer – University of Southern California
- Mac Goldwhite, Programmer and Technical Artist – University of Southern California
- Teddy Park, Designer and Technical Artist – University of Southern California
- Gracie May, Artist – University of Southern California
- Cynthia Cantrell, Artist – University of Southern California
- Kenny Regan, Composer – University of Southern California
- Jade Kim, Sound Designer – Berklee College of Music