The latest issue of Develop magazine is now available – and this time it's all about mobile games.
With the market for iOS and Android games raking in billions, we've dedicated the entire issue to helping those either already working on titles for smart devices or considering entering this incredibly competitive space.
Learn how to improve your game’s chances of success on app stores, how to monetise your games through advertising without driving players away, and what experts predict for the future of games on smart devices. Plus, we have a round-up of the best mobile development tools, a tutorial on how to add voice commands with Cortana, and interviews with King, Kabam, InnoGames, Wooga, Gram Games, Sega Hardlight, Super Evil Megacorp, Inkle, Disruptor Beam and more.
The print edition of our March issue is on its way to subscribers now – and it will be available on the show floor at GDC 2016.
You can also read Develop through your browser, mobile or tablet device here. Not a subscriber to our print magazine? You can subscribe for as little as £35 right here.
The latest packed issue includes:
- The Future of Mobile: Trends for the smartphone market predicted by the companies defining it
- Stealing the limelight: Space Ape, Elex, Spry Fox and more discuss how to improve the chances of players discovering your game on app stores – plus, how to write that all-important store listing
- Who needs mobile ads? Experts from marketing and ad agencies explain how to balance the use of in-game ads, ensuring maximum revenue without driving players away
- Mobile tools guide: Our round-up of the 20 best tools out there for devs making games for smart devices
- eSports on Mobile: Interview with Vainglory dev Super Evil Megacorp
- 'Don't waste your time onclones': Flowplay's CEO advises on how to make your game stand out
- A lesson from old media: SuperData's Joost van Dreunen suggests devs should pay more attention to TV
- Develop: Brighton board member Simon Oliver discusses the evolution of the smartphone gaming market
- Studio Spotlight: We talk to 1010 and Merged dev Gram Games
- How Sega Hardlight brings console IP to mobile
- Why 80 Days dev Inkle is releasing its text engine for free
- Tutorial: How to add voice commands to your game using Windows 10, Cortana and Unity
- Develop's Top Tips: 10 things you didn't know you could do with Granite
- The Develop Post-Mortem: We take a look at _PRISM, the debut game from former Hollywood VFX artist Clint Siu
- Heard About: Monument Valley sound designer Stafford Bawler and Tazman-Audio founder Anastasios Brakis on the improving quality of audio in mobile games
- Unreal Diaries: Why Vulkan API marks a new era for mobile developers
- Unity Focus: Taking gamers to the Final Frontier with Disruptor Beam's Star Trek Timelines
- Made With Marmalade: The importance of great 2D elements in 3D games
- Tools Spotlight: Add live events to your game with Fuel Ignite
- This month's Jobs Section features profiles and interviews with Halfbrick, OPM, King, Roll7, Bossa, F84 Games and Crytek's VR First initiative
- Ask Amiqus reveals how to ask your superiors for more training and support
You can read the latest issue on browser, mobile or tablet here. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the print edition of Develop here.