The latest issue of Develop is now making its way to readers across the globe.
The February issue features our careers special, including our annual salary survey, how to climb the jobs ladder and discussion on balancing work with your personal life.
Elsewhere in the magazine we take a look at the design secrets behind casual games, The Foundry’s new art tool Mischief, Eidos Montreal’s Dawn Engine and much more.
The print edition of our February issue is out now. You can also read Develop through your browser, mobile or tablet device here.
Not a subscriber to our print magazine? You can subscribe for as little as £35 right here.
The latest issue features:
- Gina Jackson on removing gender as a barrier
- Developers discuss the advantages of launch discounts
- Nick Gibson on the year of WTF in games finance
- Debbie Bestwick on how to stay relevant in a fast-changing industry
- An analysis on how developers may be being overworked, with discussion from those on the frontlines
- Develop and MCV’s annual salary survey
- Recruiters on how to climb the careers ladder
- Experts in casual game design tell their development secrets
- ZeroLight on the opportunities for graphics specialists outside of games
- #DevelopJobs takes a look inside Dovetail Games, Creative Assembly and Bossa Studios
- The Foundry and Made With Mischief discuss a new art tool for the mass market
- A peek under the hood of Eidos Montreal’s Dawn Engine for Deus Ex
- Key Release: App Game Kit 2
- John Broomhall talks with BioWare’s audio maestros on creating Dragon Age: Inquisition’s sound and music
- Epic’s monthly game jams
- Marmalade offers insight on how developers can achieve 64-bit support
- How Unity powered Amplitude’s latest title Endless Legend
- Top ten tips for HTML5 development
- Studio Spotlight: Supermassive Games
- Our Game Dev Family Tree uncovers the connections in UK development hub Guildford
You can read the latest issue on browser, mobile or tablet here. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the print edition of Develop here.