The latest issue of Develop magazine is now available in both print and digital editions, kicking off your year with insight into the future of virtual reality, the hottest young talent and more.
This month, we speak to developers about the hype building behind virtual reality and what the industry can realistically expects to see from the ambitious technology by the end of the year. Is 2016 the moment of truth, or just the beginning?
We also have the return of our ever popular 30 Under 30, profiling some of the most promising young devs from around the world, and the results of our latest Salary Survey, revealing the average earnings for all developers.
The print edition of our October issue is on its way to subscribers now. You can also read Develop through your browser, mobile or tablet device here. Not a subscriber to our print magazine? You can subscribe for as little as £35 right here.
The latest packed issue includes:
- Virtual Reality's Moment of Truth: With hype building behind the technology and consumer headsets due on shelves in a few months, we ask developers and VR experts whether it's now or never for virtual reality
- 30 Under 30 2016: Our latest round-up of the hottest young games development talent from around the world
- Salary Survey: The results are in. Find out how much you're worth as we analyse the average salary of games development in all its forms
- SuperData's Joost van Dreunen discusses what games developers can learn from Las Vegas
- New Develop columnist and former SCEE exec Shahid Ahmad on the beginning of his indie development journey
- Harder than you think: We take a look at the delicate art of building an accessible and compelling casual game that still appeals to a hardcore audience
- Can AI play with madness? An in-depth look at the role Havok AI plays in Avalanche Studios' Mad Max
- Develop's Top Tips: Experts share advice on how to build a great virtual reality experience
- Region Focus – India: Is this emerging games market finally becoming a giant of development?
- Our Studio Spotlight on Sumo Digital looks at the Crackdown developer's big plans for 2016
- Heard About: What's on audio whizzes' wishlists for the year ahead?
- Make the Most of Maya LT: Autodesk reveal ten of the coolest features that will help character animators achieve their visions
- VMC's Kirstin Whittle reveals the five most common mistakes developers make when dealing with outsourcers
- Aardvark Swift detail why artists and coders will lead the jobs market in 2016
- Recruiter Hot Seat: Glu Mobile
- Made With Marmalade: Two tales of triumph with Aegis Interactive's Gods of Olympus and Marmalade Game Studio's Spinguins
- Unity Focus: Going hands-free with Ustwo's VR debut Land's End
- Ask Amiqus: Our new regular tackles some of the tricker problems job seekers face in the games industry
You can read the latest issue on browser, mobile or tablet here. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the print edition of Develop here.