The Develop jobs board is home to hundreds of game job vacancies based in the UK and around the world across a plethora of different professions.
Each day we will be scouring the daily-updated jobs page for one of the top vacancies to help you find that dream job.
Today we’ll be taking a look at the role of game designer for tablets at RuneScape developer Jagex.
Be sure to visit our Jobs Page to take a look at further opportunities.
There's also a Develop Jobs Twitter feed as well.
Got a new job opportunity at your studio or have a new position you’d like highlighted in our daily spotlight? Please contact Alex Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Don't forget you can save £200 on job listings this month, with ads costing just £50 throughout June.
Best of luck.
GAME DESIGNER (Tablet) - JAGEX
Cambridge - UK
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for an exceptional individual to play a major role in bringing RuneScape – its world renowned, Guinness World Record holding MMO – to tablets and mobile devices.
Reporting to the Design Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving forward the design of RuneScape for tablet devices. This includes analysing the existing game and designing interfaces, interactions and gameplay mechanics for the touch version, as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This amazing opportunity to be a key contributor to a world class MMO from a successful and stable developer/publisher demands the highest levels of expertise, experience, passion and commitment.
Key Duties Include:
• Channel the Design Director’s creative vision and management’s product strategy into development of the tablet version.
• Design interfaces, player interactions and other features suitable for touch interfaces.
• Provide expertise on touch interfaces and contribute to RuneScape’s tablet & mobile strategy.
• Create and maintain high quality documentation.
• Coordinate across development disciplines to design and refine game features.
• Be a champion of design practice, develop and maintain a solid knowledge of RuneScape and maintain awareness of the games industry, the online games market and monetisation strategies.
• As required, provide or review designs for regular game updates, using collaborative design and feedback to ensure all projects achieve the best quality, stay within scope and are coherent with the wider game.
For more details and to apply, click here.