The Develop jobs board is home to hundreds of game job vacancies based in the UK and around the world across a plethora of different professions.
Each day we will be scouring the daily-updated jobs page for one of the top vacancies to help you find that dream job.
Today we’ll be taking a look at the role of animation director at Just Cause and Mad Max developer Avalanche Studios.
Be sure to visit our Jobs Page to take a look at further opportunities.
There's also a Develop Jobs Twitter feed as well.
And throughout January, be sure to keep checking back to the website for our New Year, New Job special for key tips and advice on taking that next step in your career.
Got a new job opportunity at your studio or have a new position you’d like highlighted in our daily spotlight? Please contact Alex Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Best of luck!
Avalanche Studios - Animation Director
Avalanche Studios is looking for an Animation Director to oversee the development of animation; focusing on the game-play side of both current and next-gen triple-A projects (both new and existing) being developed in our Stockholm based studio. This will involve working closely with the Game Director to realize the vision and communicating the direction to the animation team. The responsibility of the Animation Director is also to creatively lead and mentor the animation team, grow internal talent and review and approve all game-play and cinematic related character animations.
- To define, communicate and direct the movement style of all game-play related character motion
- To plan, manage, coordinate and review the work of the animation team to ensure the highest quality
- To work closely with the Game Director and Lead/Senior Designers to establish the animation requirements in all areas of the game
- To ensure that the integrity of the animations and character behaviors are realized as intended in the build via regular reviews, establishing issues and advising on implementation and technical solutions.
- To collaborate with other Directors, Producers and Leads to help drive the project direction
- Actively participate in animation system and tech design , pipeline improvements, and all animation related problem solving
- To plan, coordinate and direct all necessary game-play orientated motion capture shoots
- To be a positive driving force that consistently leads by example
- Act as a role-model for the animation team by emphasizing project and company goals, provide feedback on performance, mentoring and training the Animators to achieve the best of their ability.
For more details and to apply, click here.