The Develop jobs board is home to hundreds of game job vacancies based in the UK and around the world across a plethora of different professions.
Each day we will be scouring the daily-updated jobs page for one of the top vacancies to help you find that dream job.
Today we’ll be taking a look at the role of game designer at Manchester-based console developer Clever Beans.
Be sure to visit our Jobs Page to take a look at further opportunities.
You can sign up to our Develop Job Alerts here.
There's also a Develop Jobs Twitter feed as well.
And throughout January, be sure to keep checking back to the website for our New Year, New Job special for key tips and advice on taking that next step in your career.
Got a new job opportunity at your studio or have a new position you’d like highlighted in our daily spotlight? Please contact Alex Boucher at email@example.com for more details.
Best of luck!
Game Designer - Clever Beans
Manchester - UK
We are looking for a Game Designer to help us to develop the next generation of console games. If you have a strong desire to bring creative & fun new game concepts to life, we want you to apply!
This is an opportunity to work as part of a small friendly team where you have the opportunity to really make a mark. You should be a motivated individual and should be able to work in a self-directed manner.
You will be involved in design at all stages of the development process, from initial concept to level design and user testing and balancing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, document and communicate game features to the team
- Design and build (block-out) levels using 3d layout tools
- Balance and fine-tune gameplay both alone and using feedback from playtest sessions
- Work with the team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development
- Work with artists to create designs that are also sympathetic to art composition
- Critically review the product at each stage of development
For more details and to apply, click here.