Those eager to be the first to see the new issue can subscribe to the iPad or digital version of the magazine for just £14.99 a year, or buy the October issue for a one-off payment of £1.99. The print issue is currently being delivered across the globe to studios and individuals throughout the industry.
The issue offers a wealth of features covering everything from micro studio to game UI, and Peter Molynex's delight at returning to the sleepless nights of heading up a new studio.
• Our cover feature looks at how microstudio Dlala won over Microsoft and crafted a Windows 8 launch title without a penny to spend
• Peter Molyneux details his experience of returning to the front lines of development with 22Cans, and offers insight into he choice to use the Unity engine
• Game UI is changing, and we've talked to the discipline's leading experts to help you keep pace with the leading edge of user interfaces
• We take you on a visit to the UK's South West, where a surprisingly strong dev hub is forming in the rural surroundings of the country's surfing capital
• Hollywood icon and Star Wars actor Warwick Davis tells us how he's learned to admire developers by directing his own game
• All the news from Unity's Unite 12 user conference
• A branding expert investigates how games packaging is changing, and why it matters to developers
• Our expert columnists Nick Gibson, Ana Kronschnabl, Will Luton and Tim Heaton are on-hand to deliver insight and analysis on matters currently affecting the industry