Valve's former director of business is the latest industry veteran to join the virtual reality revolution at Oculus.
Jason Holtman will be spearheading Oculus' business development and developer relations for its Rift headset, much like he did at Valve with Steam.
He'll work with head of platform engineering Marshall Cline and head of worldwide publishing David DeMartini to build up the platform's developer and player ecosystem.
“I’m humbled to become a part of this team,” said Holtman.
“I’m not one of the pioneering scientists or engineers in virtual reality, but I am one of the people that can’t stop grinning every time I see something new inside the headset, and I’m looking forward to helping shape the transformative experiences that inspire the next generation of developers.”
Holtman, who made a surprise departure from Valve along with a number of other high profile employee exits from the company last year that also included hardware engineer Jeri Ellsworth, is not the only new hire at Oculus since March.
The VR firm has also brought in former Valve environment artist Paul Pepera, ex-Valve engineers Matt Alderman and Neil Konzen, former EA lead engineer Paul Pedriana and a host of other staff.
You can view a list of the new hires below.
- Neil Konzen, former engineer at Valve and one of the original Microsoft employees
- Brian Hook, former engineer at RAD (Telemetry) and the original author of 3Dfx Glide
- Adrian Wong, former lead systems engineer at Google[x] (Glass)
- Ian Field, former engineer at ARM and co-inventor of Cortex-M
- Raul Corella, former head of supply chain at JawBone, Monster, and Leap Motion
- Laura Fryer, former GM of Epic Seattle and WB Seattle
- Paul Pedriana, former lead engineer at EA
- David Moore, former engineer at RAD (Granny)
- Kenneth Scott, former art director at 343 Studios (Halo 4)
- Seneca Menard, former technical artist at id Software
- Paul Pepera, former environment artist at Valve and 343 Studios
- Brian Sharp, former engineer at Bungie
- Aaron Nicholls, former engineer at Valve, 343 Studios, and Microsoft
- Matt Alderman, former engineer at Valve and ArenaNet
- Cass Everitt, former GPU architect and engineer at Nvidia
- Ross O’Dwyer, former at head of development support at Havok
- Douglas Lanman, former research scientist at Nvidia Research and MIT Media Lab
- Scott Boyce
- Gayan Ediriweera
- Michael Berger
- Khoi Nguyen
- Aaron Toney
- Bruce Cleary
- Anusha Balan
- Sagy Wiessbrod
- Christopher Taylor
- Soh Tanaka
- Matt Mojica
- Hyo Jin Kim
- Steve Arnold
- Dan Moskowitz
Image credit: Hot Grill