Facebook has named the best games to use its platform in 2015, across both web and mobile, with Clash of Kings leading the way.
The game is one of the top-performing mobile titles in China, and developer ELEX chose to use Facebook to reach a more global audience. Developing the web version of the game from scratch, the studio has also brought Clash of Kings to mobile.
Facebook claims that more than 450m people play games on Facebook – or connect through games to their Facebook account – every month.
In addition to Game of the Year honours, there were mentions for the best integrations of Facebook into mobile games, such as Spry Fox’s Alphabear, Goodgame’s Empire: Four Kingdoms and League of Legends, all of which use the social network to enhance their multiplayer or drive interaction and sharing between friends.
Facebook also ranked the best games for each of its platforms.
The best web games were:
- Best Fiends by Seriously
- Knights & Brides by Vizor Interactive
- Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff by TinyCo
- Hot Shot Casino Slots by Scientific Games Interactive
- Monster Busters: Hexa Blast by PlayDog Soft
- Nords: Heroes of the North by Plarium
- Vegas Downtown Slots by Playtika
- Yahtzee with Buddies by Scopely
The best mobile games were:
- Cooking Dash 2016 by Glu
- Invasion by Tap4Fun
- Paradise Bay by King
- Empires & Allies by Zynga
- Angry Birds 2 by Rovio