The fifth annual Montreal International Games Summit is fast approaching, with only four days left to score an earlybird discount on attending the event.
Early-bird registration discounts could save individual attendees as much as CA$200 (£110), providing they book for the event before September 26.
The event, set to launch from November 16-17, will see key speaker sessions from companies such as Maxis, Valve, Square Enix and Media Molecule.
Develop will have a presence at the key industry event, through our attending editorial team, but as well a special Canada-themed edition of the landmark 100th issue of Develop magazine.
To get involved or find out more, contact Develop’s advertising manager, Katie Rawlings.
Below is a final list of all speakers. Scroll down further to find out more about the early-bird offers.
* Yoichi Wada, President and CEO, Square Enix, Fostering Cultural Diversity in Game Development
* Paul Holden, Lead architect, Media Molecule, Tools and Testing in LittleBigPlanet: Consequences of a user-generated world
* Jason Holtman, Director of Business Development, Valve, Games Entertainment in the Age of Connectivity
* Heather Chaplin, Professor of journalism, The NewSchool, Guy Culture
* Chris Hecker, Technology Fellow, Meaningfully Mass Market
* David Edery, Principal, Edery, MBA Lessons, Applied
* Jeff Goodsill, Vice President and General Manager, Tencent Boston, Planning for Success in the Chinese Game Market
* Jesse Divnich, Director of Analyst Services, Electronic Entertainment Design and Research (EEDAR), By The Numbers – Looking Back and Forward
* Ilari Kuittinen, CEO, Housemarque, Long tail of spaceships and flying objects
* Warren Currell, Président, Sherpa Games Inc., Pitching your Game Title or Development Services : Best Practices
* Gerri Sinclair, Executive Director, Masters of Digital Media Program, Great Northern Way Campus, Riding the Waves of Change: How Video Game Companies Can Flourish in an Environment of Relentless Volatility and Flux
* Hugo Morin, Co-owner/Vice-President Strategic Development, Frima, Making sense of today’s mobile market
* Stéphane Gilker, Lawyer, Fasken Martineau, Legal Do’s and Don’ts when Building and Operating Virtual World
* Reid Schneider, Executive Producer, Electronic Arts, Preaching to the Choir : Do we make games for ourselves?
* Jakub Dvorsky, Game developer, Amanita Design, Machinarium - hand-made robots
* Luis Alonso, Technical artist, Electronic Arts, Rigging : A Practical Guide
* Steambot Team (David Levy - Sebastien Larroude - Joel Dos Reis Viegas - Thierry Doizon), Founders, Steambot team, Teamwork and creative process
* Jonathan Cooper, Lead Animator, BioWare, Cinematics Sans Cutscenes
* Sunder Raj, Art Director, VOLTA, Creating Environment Concepts for Video Games
* Randy van der Vlag, Lead Artist, Big Blue Bubble, Big Worlds on Small Screens
* Andy Beaulieu, Game developer, MVP Microsoft - Silverlight, Le développement de jeux avec Microsoft Silverlight
* Scott Jon Siegel, Game designer, Playdom, Long-Tail Game Design: Creating Successful Games for Social Networks
* Ken Rolston, Lead designer, Big Huge Games, A Narrative Designer's Toolkit
* Marc LeBlanc, Chief Technology Officer, Mind Control Software, Game Design Workshop
* Randy Smith, Game designer, Tiger Style, How to Make Games that Aren't Fun
* Vander Caballero, Creative Director, EA Montréal, Digital distribution will change your game
* Brenda Brathwaite, Game Designer / Chair, Savannah College of Art and Design, How I dumped electricity and learned to love design.
* Scott Rogers, Creative Manager, THQ, Everything I Learned About Level Design, I Learned From Disneyland
* Thomas Anderson, Senior animator, A2M, Good Violence?
* David Sirlin, President, Sirlin Games, Every Click Counts
* Jason Graves, Composer, Jason Graves Music, Inc., Dead Space: A Musical Post-Mordem
* Ken Yeeloy, Producer, Next Level Games Building Strong Teams around Gameplay
* Dorian Kieken, Development Director, BioWare, What is a living plan and how can we achieve it?
* Virgile Delporte, VP, Electronic Entertainment, Dassault Systemes, Building games driven by artists and small teams: are we (back) there
* Liza Wood, Sr. Director, Development Services, Artificial Mind and Movement, Things I Swore I Would Never Do To Someone Else
* Clinton Keith, Consultant, Clinton Keith Consulting, Lean Production
* Joe Booth, Senior Producer, EA Montréal, You’ll never beat Nintendo.’ Deconstructing Nintendo via ‘Blue Ocean’, ‘Disruption’, ‘Retard’ and other theories.
* Paul Winterhalder, VP, Executive Producer, Playbrains, Building Your First Console Downloadable - What You Need to Know
* Patrick Plourde, Lead Game Designer, Ubisoft, Designing Assassin’s Creed®2
* Simon Ouellet, Team Lead Animation, Autodesk, Character locomotion
* Liko-Paul Pinsonnault, Software Developer, Artificial Mind & Movement, The Art of Dying | Where Animation Meets Physics
* Michiel van der Leeuw, Technical Director, Guerilla, Practical parallel programming - SPU Usage and advice from Killzone 2
* Jacques Deveau, Program Manager, Audiokinetic, Dynamic Audio Mixing for Games - Strategies for interactive sound mixing
* Sylvain Morel, CTO, Beenox, Comment tirer le meilleur parti de votre équipe de production
* Steven Thomas, President, Geekaysoft Canada, Time to Flush the Float :Fixed point-Integer should now be the preferred option
* Christian Desautels, 3D Programmer, Ubisoft, James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game - Stereoscopic integration in the game
* Glenn Fiedler, Online Game Programmer, Sony Santa Monica, Solving the Networked Physics Puzzle
* Neil Trevett, President / Vice President, Khornos Group / NVIDIA, Unlocking Mobile Visual Computing