Time is running out if you want to be in the running for this year’s Develop Awards.
The deadline for nominations closes today at 5pm UK time. That’s less than seven hours from now.
Since you don’t want to be wasting time reading through lengthy entry guides, here’s a quickfire guide to submitting your studio or game for the 2015 Develop Awards.
How to nominate
- Email a 350-word pitch, five bullet points highlighting key info/accomplishments and any useful links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Before 5pm. Today. Simple, no?
- Any games released between May 1st 2014 and April 30th 2015. Yes, commercial public beta phases (e.g. Early Access) also count.
- Any businesses based in Europe or the UK. Businesses based outside this region are only eligible for select categories – full details here.
- New Games IP: Brand new properties/franchises launched this year
- Use of a Licence or IP: Any game based on a property you do not own
- Visual Arts: Games with impressive or uniquely stylish graphics
- Audio Accomplishment: Games with high-quality or innovative sound and music
- Use of Narrative: Games that push the boundaries of storytelling
TECH & SERVICES
- Innovation: Any new or groundbreaking technology or game mechanics
- Tools – Design & Creativity: Dedicated software used in content creation
- Tools – Production: Dedicated software that aids the overall development of a game
- Engine: Game engine or integrated developer environment
- Technical Services: Any firm that provides ongoing support to games developers
- QA & Localisation: Firms that provide quality assurance and localisation support
- Creative Outsourcer: Any services firm or developer that has provided content for a specific project
- Recruiter: Recruitment agency used to help expand studio’s workforces
- Publishing Hero: Any firm that has helped developers bring their games to market
- Micro Studio: Any studio with 10 employees or less
- Independent Studio: Any non-publisher owned studio with 11 employees or more
- In-House Studio: Publisher-owned studios
- New Studio: Any studio that has released its first commercial game in the past year
The Develop Awards 2015 are supported by Gold Partners UKIE, Amiqus and Unity, Table Gift Partner OPM, Drinks Reception Partner Epic Games and Event Partner Aardvark Swift. Unity is also partner for Micro Studio Award.
The awards ceremony will be held at the Brighton Hilton Metropole on Wednesday, July 15th during Develop: Brighton 2015. To book your ticket, contact Kathryn via email@example.com.
Contact Alex via firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte via email@example.com to find out about the opportunities available, both at the event and in editorial coverage before, during and after the Awards.
Still reading? Don't – get on with your nomination!