Nominations are now open for the Develop Awards, which will return once again this July.
The popular event is dedicated to rewarding the best creators and innovators in games development from the UK and Europe, as well as some of the global firms that are instrumental to producing the games that are made in these regions.
The awards ceremony will be held at the Brighton Hilton Metropole on Wednesday, July 15th during Develop: Brighton 2015. To book your ticket now, contact Kathryn via firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 20 awards this year, including the brand new Outsourcer award, dedicated to creative contractors and work-for-hire studios. We have also reorganised the awards into four simple categories: Creativity, Tech & Services, Studio and Special Awards. Find out how to nominate here.
As always, our prestigious Development Legend will be given to an esteemed icon that has pioneered some of the industry's biggest innovations. The winner will be selected by the Develop Team and announced ahead of the event.
The full list of categories can be found below.
Think you deserve a Develop Award? You can find out in our full entry guide online, and it will also be printed in the March issue of Develop. This details the criteria for every category and what you should be sending with your nomination to email@example.com.
The deadline for lobbying is Tuesday, April 21st at 5pm UK time.
Once submissions are sent in, they will be vetted by the Develop Team and the finalists will be announced in a few months.
The Develop Awards 2015 are supported by Gold Partners UKIE, Amiqus and Unity, Table Gift Partner OPM and Event Partner Aardvark Swift. Unity is also partner for Micro Studio Award.
DEVELOP AWARDS 2015: THE CATEGORIES
- New Games IP
- Use of a Licence or IP
- Visual Arts
- Audio Accomplishment
- Use of Narrative
- Tools Provider – Design & Creativity
- Tools Provider – Production
- Technical Services
- QA & Localisation
- [New] Outsourcer
- Publishing Hero
- Micro Studio
- Independent Studio
- In-House Studio
- New Studio
- Studio of the Year
- Development Legend
FOUR STEPS TO WINNING A DEVELOP AWARD
Step One: Make sure you are eligible
- The games in question must be released somewhere in the world between May 1st, 2014 and April 30th, 2015. And yes, commercial public beta phases are also eligible.
- Is your business based in Europe or the UK? If so, you are eligible – even if you have worked on games developed outside of the region.
- If you’re based outside Europe, can you prove worthwhile support or collaboration with studios in the region over the past year? If so, you’re eligible for selected categories (check the award description for details).
Step Two: Prepare your entry
- Write a short pitch of 350 words
- Provide five bullet points highlighting any relevant features or accomplishments.
- Add a list of links to any videos, images, music, websites and so on that support your nomination.
Step Three: Send it in
- Email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm GMT on Tuesday, April 21st.
Step Four: Sit back and wait
When all nominations are in, they are each carefully appraised by the Develop editorial team. A shortlist for each award is drawn up based on the entry documents and industry standing.
Profiles of the shortlisted devs are then sent out to a panel made up of 100 industry judges hand-picked by the Develop team, who confidentially disclose their choices. The nominees with the most votes win in their award category. The names of the judges are only named after the event.