Those eager to be amount the first to see the new issue can subscribe to the iPad or digital version of the magazine for just £14.99 a year, or buy the December/January issue for a one-off payment of £1.99. The print issue is currently being delivered across the globe to studios and individuals throughout the industry.
And, as ever, the new issue is packed with essential reads and industry insight. And there's the results of the 30 Under 30; did you make the list?
Other features in the magazine include:
• We meet the development studio and newly formed publisher behind Hawken, and ask why they've opted to make the triple-A indie game free-to-play and transmedia-backed
• Developers from across the world offer insight to what it's like developing games for the Wii U
• Our latest Develop Region Focus takes you to Scotland, where everyone from Rockstar North and a wealth of indies explain why the nation is home to such a thriving dev scene
• As the issue of sexism in the games industry continues to cause concern, 30-Under-30 star Sophia Coney from Lockwood looks at the reasons there are so few women in the business compared to men
• An in-depth tech feature explores the current state of motion capture, and the technologies shaping its future
• Jon Pittock tells us why he took his 2D asset tool Objecty to Kickstarter
• Newly released game engine HeroEngine 2 goes under the microscope
• Our audio columnist John Broomhall talks to Massive Attack producer Neil Davidge about scoring Halo 4
• Iconic album artist, game world designer and architect Roger Dean shares his memories of gaming's golden era
• And our expert columnists Nick Gibson, Ana Kronschnabl, Will Luton and Tim Heaton are on-hand to deliver insight and analysis on matters currently affecting the industry