Creative England and Microsoft have revealed the UK developers selected for this year’s Greenshoots programme.
The initiative, now in its third year, is aimed at supporting up-and-coming creators and helping them create a successful IP and business. Past Greenshoots alumni include Pixel Toys, Pixel Squad and Mad Fellows.
Those selected in the latest round of inductees will be granted up to £50,000 in funding, plus Xbox One dev kits and a place on Microsoft’s ID@Xbox roster.
Here’s the full list of studios chosen:
- Fallen Tree Games: Mobile developer behind Quell, Swapperoo and Fugitive formed by ex-Free Radical Design staffers.
- Toxic Games: QUBE creator which is currently working on a sequel to the Indie Fund puzzler.
- Burning Arrow: Cornish studio creating its debut first-person survival game, The Other 99.
- Semaeopus: Essex three-person developer making third-person stealth title Off Grid.
- Coatsink (pictured): Indie behind Esper series of games for VR, now developing co-op horror title Vantage Point.
- Supergonk: Guildford-based group of experienced developers from studios including Codemasters, Bizarre Creations and Lionhead, working on its first console game after racking up over 25 million plays on mobile.
- Sketchbook Games: Indie working on its first 2D adventure game, Lost Words, with the help of Tomb Raider writer Rhianna Pratchett and a team including Battlefield, Fable and Harry Potter developers.
“This latest group of Greenshoots represents some of the best micro studios from across the country,” commented Creative England director of content Solomon Nwabueze.
“We know great games can be made outside of London, and it’s our remit to give them what they need in order to be not just a great idea – but have that market impact factor too.”