The annual awards show where engine maker Unity recognises the best games and apps made using its technology has just concluded, with Recoil Games emerging victorious after winning two accolades.
Meanwhile the Grand Prix – the ceremony's highest accolade, went to Battleheart by Mika Mobile.
Other winners included Spiderling Studios, which crafted platformer Glid, Bigpoint's Battlestar Galactica Online, and educational application Virtual History ROMA by Mondadori Digital.
Hosted at the annual Unite user conference, which this year is taking place in San Francisco, the Unity Awards have been conceived to recognise those behind the most impressive creations built exclusively with the popular engine.
The full list of winners is as follows:
• Best Student Project - Glid by Spiderling Studios
• Best Cross Platform Game - Buddy Rush by Sollmo
• Best Graphics - Rochard by Recoil Games
• Best Gameplay - Rochard by Recoil Games
• Best Non-Game - Virtual History ROMA by Mondadori Digital
• Community Choice - Battlestar Galactica Online by Bigpoint
• Grand Prix - Battleheart by Mika Mobile
"They were so incredibly impressive," said Unity CEO David Helgason during the closing moments of the awards. "The quality of the games has been rising so fast that I'm constantly blown away."