Today we unveil the brand-new MCV magazine.
Whether you're joining us from Develop magazine, or you're a long-term MCV reader, we believe that the new monthly MCV will prove an invaluable read for everyone in the games industry. The lines between developers, publishers and retailers are less distinct than ever and so a single publication makes sense in our rapidly evolving sector.
The magazine has been completely redesigned with over 15 new regular sections plus a broader mix of interviews and features. We'll be bringing you the most important stories from right across the industry.
Highlights in our debut issue include:
Bill Roper, whose career spans Blizzard and Disney, talking about how Improbable's SpatialOS tech will smash the single-server paradigm in games.
Get Discovered: We look into the industry's discoverability problem and whether curation or algorithms can find the right consumer to match your game.
PR 2018: In a rapidly shifting market, is PR the answer to all your problems? We talk to six PR professionals about the challenges in 2018 and just how much should you pay to promote your game to the press.
All Aboard! Thought crowdfunding was over? We talk to Obsidian about how it piloted its latest RPG safely to port off a $4.4m budget.
Read this month's issue online, for free, right here:
The contents of this week's issue are below:
- The Editor - Welcome Develop readers!
- Critical Path - The key industry dates this month
- Rising Star - Anna Hollinrake talks work culture
- PR Panel 2018 - What are this year’s PR challenges?
- Ganked - Our monthly esports roundup
- The Big Interview - Bill Roper is building the Improbable
- Ins and Outs - All the biggest job moves in the industry
- Get Discovered - How can the storefronts keep up with the digital flood?
- The Quiet Giant - Sumo on CCP Newcastle and its recent IPO
- All Aboard! - Obsidian on creating Deadfire
- Chet Faliszek’s AIs - Bossa’s new man talks story
- An Ode to indie agility - Ubisoft Reflections on small games
- The Station - Veteran devs double-down on story
- Fresh Meat - Wushu Studios
- New and Improved - Monster Hunter World, They are Billions and Metal Gear Survive
- When We Made... Hyper Light Drifter
- Brand Flakes - Sea of Thieves
- Mechanically Sound - OlliOlli: press X to land
- The Final Boss - Splash Damage’s Paul Wedgwood
Please email me on email@example.com with your feedback, we'd love to hear what you think.