The organisers behind Gamescom have revealed this year’s winners for the best games on show with Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild taking the top prize.
The awards were decided by a panel of expert jurors, who whittled over 200 entries down to just 73 nominees.
The upcoming Zelda took the highest honour as Best of Gamescom, while EA’s Battlefield 1 was voted as the most popular game by consumers. PlayStation VR bested all other headsets as Best Hardware, while the 2K team took home Best Booth for their impressive Mafia III stand in the consumer halls.
Below are the winners in full.
- Best Add-on/DLC: Destiny: Rise of Iron (Bungie)
- Best Preview/Vision: Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerilla Games)
- Best Booth: Mafia III (Hangar 13/2K Czech)
- Best PS4 Game: For Honor (Ubisoft Montreal)
- Best Xbox One Game: Sea of Thieves (Rare)
- Best Wii U Game: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
- Best PC Game: For Honor (Ubisoft Montreal)
- Best Mobile/Portable Game: Mario Party Star Rush (Nintendo)
- Best RPG: Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
- Best Racing Game: Forza Horizon 3 (Playground Games)
- Best Action Game: Battlefield 1 (EA DICE)
- Best Simulation Game: NBA 2K17 (2K Sports)
- Best Sports Game: Steep (Ubisoft Annecy)
- Best Family Game: Skylanders Imaginators (Toys For Bob)
- Best Strategy Game: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (Firaxis)
- Best Puzzle/Skill Game: Dragon Quest Builders
- Best Social/Online Game: Gwent: The Witcher Card Game (CD Projekt Red)
- Best Casual Game: Battlezone (Rebellion)
- Best Multiplayer Game: Sea of Thieves (Rare)
- Best Virtual Reality Game: Wilson’s Heart (Twisted Pixel)
- Best Hardware: PlayStation VR (Sony)
- Gamescom Indie Award: Little Nightmares (Tarsier Studios)
- Consumer Award: Battlefield 1 (EA DICE)
- Best of Gamescom: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)