Sony’s PS4 exclusive Everybody’s Golf has shot straight to the top of the Japanese weekly charts, according to the latest data from Famitsu. It’s the first mainline entry in franchise in nearly five years, and its Week One sales of almost 101,000 soared straight past its PS3 predecessor, Hot Shots Golf World Invitational, which sold just 87,000 units back in November 2012.
Atlus’ Etrian: Mystery Dungeon 2 also debuted at No.3, shifting 34,000 units, but this was down 52 per cent compared to the first Mystery Dungeon, which sold 72,000 units back in March 2015.
Meanwhile, the PS4 Koei Tecmo’s Nights of the Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon entered the charts at No.6 after selling nearly 21,000 copies, with the Vita and Switch entries claiming 11th and 13th place respectively. Combined, the title sold 35,000 units across all three formats, but this is still quite a long way short of the original Nights of the Azure title, which reached a combined 85,000 sales across PS4, PS3 and Vita in October 2015.
On the hardware side, the Switch continued its reign at the top of the charts, but with just 33,000 units sold, sales were down roughly 60 per cent compared to the previous week.
Here’s the Top Ten in full for the week ending September 3rd:
1. Everybody’s Golf (PS4), Sony, 100,902 (New)
2. Splatoon 2 (Switch), Nintendo, 38,203
3. Etrian: Mystery Dungeon 2 (3DS), Atlus, 34,435 (New)
4. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (3DS), Square Enix, 30,671
5. Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Version (Switch), Capcom, 27,289
6. Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (PS4), 20,982 (New)
7. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4), Square Enix, 16,038
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Nintendo, 11,332
9. The Snack World: TreJarers (3DS), Level-5, 11,149
10. Resident Evil Revelations (PS4), Capcom, 9,601 (New)
And here are the hardware figures for the same period:
1. Nintendo Switch, 32,857
2. PS4, 24,314
3. New Nintendo 2DS XL, 13,807
4. New Nintendo 3DS XL, 9,285
5. PS4 Pro, 5,422
6. PS Vita, 4,113
7. Nintendo 2DS, 1,758
8. New Nintendo 3DS, 335
9. Wii U, 87
10. Xbox One S, 55
11. PS3, 22