The latest Fire Emblem title for 3DS has remained at the number spot in Japan, with returning Top Ten entry Splatoon seeing resilient sales figures.
Fire Emblem Fates’ two SKUs – White Kingdom and Black Kingdom – easily spot to the top of the retail charts the week previous, shifting over 350,000 units, according to the latest data from Famitsu.
This number fell to just above 71,000 last week, which was still far more than enough to see it through to a second chart-topping performance.
Helped by the 3DS title’s success, the New Nintendo 3DS XL remained at the top of the hardware rankings, selling over 23,000 units.
Meanwhile, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, which propelled Vita sales in its debut week, slipped two spaces to fourth as sales dropped by almost 90 per cent to just shy of 11 per cent.
This opened the hardware charts back up, allowing the bigger sibling of Sony’s Vita to creep back up to second place and Nintendo’s Wii U to ride its slipstream to third.
Back in the software charts, returning Top Ten presence Splatoon held on well for a second week back in the Top Five, rising to third in lieu of Dancing All Night. Sales of the squid-based shooter were resilient, dropping by a mere 7,000 units.
Meanwhile, the greatest hits title for the Rhythm Heaven franchise, The Best+, jumped up to second place, despite sales dropping by around 20,000 units.
Here is the software Top Ten for the week ending July 5th:
- Fire Emblem Fates: White Kingdom / Black Kingdom (Nintendo) 3D – 71,550
- Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo) 3DS – 32,580
- Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 31,494
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Atlus) Vita – 10,614
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita –10,411
- Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U – 9,110
- Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 7,573
- Tobidase Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) (Nintendo) 3DS – 5,918
- Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (Capcom) PS4 – 4,946
- Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale (Marvelous) 3DS – 4,882
And here are the hardware rankings:
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 20,312
- PS4 – 15,182
- Wii U – 14,406
- PS Vita – 14,024
- New Nintendo 3DS – 4,685
- PS3 – 2,765
- Nintendo 3DS – 1,022
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 913
- PS Vita TV – 652
- Xbox One – 166